Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Oh my, are you completely disappointed in me now?

Have I forsaken my newfound blogdom by skipping 5 entire days? :)

Today I'm going to discuss internet stalking, since it a current favorite outlet for procrastination. While I do find it fun to google myself - and for Ms. M, NO it is NOT a self gratifying exercise! - I find it much more fun to google others. I have been a victim of googling by others, and found it to be a strangely disturbing and titillating experience all at once. Imagine my surprise to find an email from a high-school friend in my mailbox at my new university - waiting for me before I even registered! Disturbing to know that it's fairly easy to find me, by first googling to see where I go to school, then checking the school directory for me. Alas, since I am destined for a life of fame and fortune as a professor and writer, I should probably get used to seeing my name plastered all over university websites, right? As long as I get good ratings at rate yourprofessor.com.

It's always entertaining to google your friends and neighbors to see if you can find out what awful stuff they've been up to. Maybe you'll find their name in an online newspaper article, after having robbed the local gas station because they never left your deadend hometown. Googling professors is especially fun, because you can pick up all kinds of info to use for brown nosing purposes. And, googling recently paid off to discover the true identity of the hot manboy referenced under William Had A Headache Day. This one may become an actual case of internet stalking, if we're not careful.

Oh, and as great as it is to learn interesting tidbits about others by googling, it's even more fun to learn things about yourself. I may say that my current most proud achievement is that if you google me, I show up on IMDB.com. With two entries. Did you know I was THAT cool? :)

1 comment:

The Prufroquette said...

Dude, I've been SO disappointed in you. I've been wanting to make a post FOR you that says, BLOG!!!

But then, what else can I expect from procrasintationnatoin?

Who's driving to Lansing, or Columbus, or Chicago? (If we get tickets, that is.)